You wanna know something funny? I started this post in October. October. Of 2017. Which makes sense because that is when my life legitimately exploded. Baby girl was almost 2 months old and was starting to eat more and get all active on me after about 8 weeks of, quite frankly, adorable lumpiness, Nutcracker was in full swing and I was starting back at work, I was exhausted all the time and I just kind of needed to take a break from something. So this delightful blog of mine became the very last priority on my list.
This recipe, however, will totally be worth the wait. I actually made it again over the weekend to prep for this post because I did not remember what I did or how to do it.
Wow. It was absolutely the easiest thing to make and such a satisfying treat to nom on. One bowl. One batch. So tasty. As a new mom, I am so appreciative of anything delicious that also doesn’t destroy my kitchen.
At least, doesn’t destroy it any more than usual. 🙂 Thank goodness for me Shawn at I Wash You Dry has this recipe to make my life better.
Mini banana breads. For these, I used my “fancy” dessert bar pan but I really and truly think they would be just fine in a muffin tin or you could use a regular bread tin and extend the baking time. Whatever you end up doing, the flavors cannot be beat.
I mean come on.
Those flecks are banana flavor.
The best thing about these are that they have almonds and banana so you can have them for breakfast and be all “Oh! Protein and fruit! I am winning at healthy breakfast!” But really, they taste like a treat.
I love that. 🙂
You will too.
Nosh on, friends!
One Bowl Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Breads
Yield: 1 loaf/12 muffins or mini breads Prep: 10 minutes Bake: 50 minutes for loaf/20-23 minutes for muffins or mini bread
2-3 over ripe bananas
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prep your pan of choice. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth-ish. I mean, there is only so much you can do. They will be a little chunky.
- Whisk your melted butter into the bananas, and it IS your butter. I mean, you’ve raised it since it was just a little stick of butter to now when you cut into it and add heat to bring it to it’s full flavor potential.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla and whisk until combined. Then add baking soda, salt and flour and use a wooden spoon to stir until the batter is thick and all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes if using a bread pan or 20-23 minutes if using a muffin tin.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Eat it. Spread some more butter or some cream cheese frosting or something on these babies and just eat em. OR! My favorite thing is to put them in the fridge and eat them cold for breakfast. Mmmmmmm! Whatever you do, just enjoy it. Life’s too short to live without carbs. 🙂